luni, 22 martie 2010

Meditation

The cold air burns my nose, my throat, my chest, it's honest, cold, unforgiving. Normally a walk would do me just fine. Not now. I need to run, to run and not look back for a long time. I need to exhaust myself completely. Return to my origins. My lungs screaming for forgiveness, my legs weak from slipping on the thin ice that spreads around the pavement. My skin prickling with frozen sweat. I need to get free.
No more. No more trust, no more belief, no more anything. No more anyone. Me, myself and I.
I was born alone, I will live alone.
I was born sufficient, so I will live sufficiently.
There's no point in risking myself for the small fleeting joys that the heart can feel, so I'll freeze it to death, and if fitting it will beat again. I'll be reborn. Better. Faster. Stronger. Exhausted. Free.
And if not, I'll go with it.
The dim streetlights begin to twinkle, they're flashing bright in my eyes. I'm losing myself. I'm losing control, losing it to nothingness. Finally.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu