marți, 9 februarie 2010

December 20 2012

Everything around is white. The rioting crowds, the warning signs, the scarred buildings, all the horrible things that followed the confirmation that "Yes, the world will end" are finally hidden.
There is barely any life left around the planet.
There is barely and sound that can be heard.
The aurora borealis shines so beautifully over the white desert that used to be New York City. It's sublime. It's peaceful. As if mother earth is ridding herself of us in one final act of supreme grace, beauty, calm, calculated, soft. Motherly.
She covers her beautiful self in a white gown of water. She is being born again.

Everyone predicted fires, tidal waves, meteor showers. Nature is too strong to be bothered with shows of force. Three months ago, it started snowing. It hasn't stopped. I am, or I think I am, the last living person. On top of the Empire State Building, I'm about as high as if I was sitting on a beached tree trunk.

As I close my eyes, I know, tonight is my last night. I love the snow, I love the quiet, I love the end. For the first time in my life, I have experienced a happy ending. I only regret that I cannot share this moment, this pure pure moment with someone. I wish I could watch this moment in silence, with company. Nothing is perfect, except for nature.

I curl up as much as I can under all the clothes and blankets I have, I take a last look at the beautiful sky and I am at peace. Tomorrow is my end.

Tomorrow is a new beggining, tomorrow is healing, and what better way to heal than under a thick cover of pure white snow. Just like a bandage...

Un comentariu: